Thursday, June 08, 2006

Let it Rock

Oooooh! Mmmmm! *Kel wilts into an unattractive heap on the floor* We went to see Bon Jovi last night!! It's the third time I've seen them live and, although it wasn't the best performance, it was still pretty bloody fab! The trouble with bands that have been so successful for so long is that they have a humungous back-catalogue of hits and it must be really tricky to know what to play and what to leave out. There were a couple of songs that didn't exactly set the crowd a-jumpin', but there were still plenty of classics to bounce to... Of course, JBJ could have sung nursery rhymes or the shipping forecast and I'd have still been in heaven! He is just soooooo scrummy! Now, on both of the forums I frequent daily, there are arguments as to whether you would or wouldn't ("Urgh! He's old enough to be my grandad!", "rrrrraaarrrr - i defo would - u know ?? " etc, etc) but, just for the record, I would! In a heartbeat. Without a doubt. And D knows it too - hehehe! Last night the poor lamb was suffering terribly with hayfever and his subsequent medication, but still pulled out all the stops and gave a cracking show. It was just a pity the atmosphere wasn't as good as other places I've seen, but I reckon that's because there seemed to be fewer real 'fans', if you know what I mean?

Also, if anyone's interested; if ever you fancy seeing a concert at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, either hire a helicopter to get in and out, or give it a miss! We went by train and taxi and that was no problem as we went early, but it took us TWO HOURS to get home - we live just 18 miles away.... My poor parents came to pick us up and are probably not speaking to us now!

And now, for something totally gratuitous, but completely necessary....


ETA: Thanks to the fabulous Rach for reminding me of the link to this fabby site where I found the video of the song we had as our 'first dance' at our wedding. Now you all have to listen to it while you're reading my blog - haha!

4 comments:

Max said...

We were there too! Great night but the traffic was horrendous.
Did not get in to the ground till 7.50

Paula said...

Just seen your Bon Jovi post - I'm gutted I couldn't see them this time round, sounds like they put on a good show as always! I usually get calf ache from bouncing.
And you can definitely put me down for a 'Would' as well LOL

Rachel said...

whooorrrrr how sexy is JBJ - never use to be into him, but now hes yummy hehe. Thanks for the mention hun and glad you managed to find "your song". Its beautiful and can see why you chose it. Have a great week xx

Anonymous said...

Hello, my names Claire i'm 19. I came across your site when i was looking for posts about the concert from wednesday. How amazing was that! Been a fan for while but never seen them live before. i've never screamed so much in all my life, i thought the atmosphere was extatic and is certainly something i will never forget! Oh and despite the 25 year age gap...yes i definately would!!!Claire xx