Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hard Habit to Break

Please help me!! Last year, D unfortunately lost his sister to lung cancer, just a few days after we returned from our honeymoon :-( Susan was only 41 and left behind two beautiful children - totally bewildered but very brave. A couple of months later, D and I once again sat, whinging about how much weight we've put on and how neither of us has the motivation to lose any. I came up with the idea of a sponsored weight-loss, in aid of the Roy Castle Foundation and in memory of Susan. I thought that if people sponsored us, or made a small donation to the cause, that we would have to lose some weight. It worked!! Even with pesky old Christmas and all its chocolate-covered temptations getting in the way, we still managed to lose about 2 stones between us - fab, eh? Well, it would be, if we'd managed to keep it off....

So, I've decided that the time has come to renew our appeal. We didn't put all the weight back on, but if we don't amend our bad habits soon, we'll be back to square one. I've been feeling very lethargic of late and am cross with myself as I have a case choc-full of summer clothes that I can't get into. I am determined that I will lose some more weight this time, but I really need help to do this - I've tried going it alone and it just aint happening.

If you think you would like to help, please take a look at our appeal site for details. Hopefully, by the next Crafts By Carolyn meet in September, I would like to be at least a stone lighter, as well as fitter and generally healthier. It's for a fantastic cause too, so please, please help if you can!!

No comments: