Monday, June 19, 2006

Broken Wings

So, in the true nature of 'Fluffy Stuff', today's blog features a real, live creature! Well, I thought it was dead when I first saw it, but then I noticed it's little sides going in and out and I got the heebie-jeebies as I realised just how close I had put my nose up to it. This, dear readers, is a pipistrelle bat and it was discovered on the fence around the play area in the playground at work. My colleague thought it was a lump of wood and was about to pick it up when she realised what it really was - eeeek!! It was absolutely teeny-tiny and gradually crept over the top of the fence on to the other side, but we have no idea why it was there in the first place and not doing the upside-down thang in a cave. Then again, I don't suppose there are too many caves in rural Solihull.... The nice man from the RSPCA came out (eventually, after getting lost) to move it, so I'm guessing it wasn't injured. It had probably just had a really good night on the lash and missed his last bus home...

Have you noticed my lubberly new banner at the top of the page? (If not, why the hell not? Have you no eyes?!!) After struggling for what feels like forever with trying to do my own, I eventually admitted I am useless and contacted a very spesh lady for help. She knows who she is, but I won't make it public in case she wouldn't appreciate it - hehe!

3 comments:

Lythan said...

Love that new banner Kel!

Rachel said...

awwww ickle bat !!! although glad it wasnt flying around - I always avoid those enclosures at zoos - dont do flying things - yuk

great banner Kel - Ill have to have a play now !!

night night hun x

Kathy said...

Oh wow to that little bat eh? They were watching them on Spring Watch last week. I've seen fruit bats in the tres along the Daintree River in Australia, but nearest I've been is that Bat Walk in Chester Zoo, now I'm not a great fan of stuff flying in my face so I can't say I enjoyed it.

Great banner Kel - worth the trials and tribulations of getting it up there. I've not even the guts to try.