Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Heartbreaker

Well, after Tuesday's good news (thanks for all your kind comments ladies!) I've been on a real downer today :-( One of our little girls at work is moving to Bath (which isn't in Rome, contrary to my colleague's belief!!?!) and today was her last day. Now, I'm very used to children leaving for pastures new, but A is a very special girl and I will miss her soooooo much. Her Mum too - they are such a wonderful family. I know we're not supposed to get too attached to the children and we're not supposed to have 'favourites', but it's very hard not to when certain children can light up your life in a way others don't. I am in the process of making her a memory book and wasn't expecting her to leave for another couple of weeks, so I hope her Mum remembers to send us her new address so that I can send it on. Her mum bought prezzies for all the staff - bottles of vino for everyone, then some of us had special presents. She whispered in my ear that I shouldn't open mine in front of the others as it was even more 'special' - oo-er! I waited until I got home and I had £20 Monsoon vouchers (yum!) and a beautiful pair of earrings -turquoise and (I'm hoping) cubic zirconia in gold settings (!)they're lovely - very vintage-y. I'll post a piccie when I can take one in natural light. I'm just blown away at the thoughtfulness and generosity shown by them, but I know that we meant a lot to the family and Mum really didn't want to leave...

However, the one thing that caught my eye was the card she had made us... They had used copious amounts of patterned paper and I'm sure it was from DCVW, but I don't know where from as I don't own it and I would if I'd seen it as it was lush!! I was dying to ask her, but thought it may be a little crass as we were all blubbing at the time!

So, my little 'Sha', I hope you, Mummy, Daddy and Bella are all very happy in your new house and that the people at your new nursery love you just as much as we do...And if they don't, let me know and I'll come and sort them out xxx

ETA: Here are the gorgeous earrings - please excuse the fluff, but that's what you get in a house with two moulting buns. 'Tis not called 'Fluffy Stuff' for nowt!


3 comments:

Lythan said...

Aw Kel it shows what a wonderful teacher you are to get that kind of love back from her mum. And the passion you have for the kids shines out through your post!

Carolyn said...

Aww what a lovely story and lucky you getting the extra pressies (I hope no one reads your blog!)

Rachel said...

awwww Kel can understand your upset. I know when we left for Leeds Charlottes teachers were in tears. Im sure youll have a special place in the familys heart for all your hard work and input into the little girls life (hhugggssss) for you hunxx ps the pressies sound gorgeous