Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Walk Away

Flippin' heck, I've just read back my last post and the lovely comments and I sounded so dramatic and self-pitying 8-O. I didn't mean it to sound like that, but it was a crap day! However, to give some advance warning, I checked my rota for next week and I'm off on Monday again... You'll be relieved to know that normal service has resumed for this week and I am feeling a happy chappy again (just don't tell hubby!).

I've had the afternoon from Hell though. Our nursery is having a move around in the summer as the deputy is moving to manage our new site. This means that it's highly likely that the current 3rd-in-charge will become deputy (she's the only applicant!) and I am hoping to become 3rd-in-charge. My boss has been giving me some training and as part of the senior team, I have been left to run the place when there's no-one else available for whatever reason. Today was one of those days. Now, I can't go into detail, cos you never know who's reading, but suffice to say that we have ended the day with one less member of staff on the books than we started.... I didn't have to fire her, a la Sir Alan Sugar ("You're a lightweight"), but she just walked out! Eeeek!! Why do things like this have to happen when I'm in charge? I know that there was nothing I could do to stop her and I did everything right, according to the boss and the owner, who was non too chuffed, to say the least. At least it was good experience, eh?!

So, now I'm home, with a lovely glass of vino pinko and checking out the musings of my fellow bloggers. It's great to see more people joining in and it makes for fascinating reading. I'm trying to divert my attention from tomorrow's inevitable post mortem.... Wish me luck!!

No comments: