Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cruel Summer


Do you reckon that was it? Summer, I mean? It always amazes me how we get so worked up about a day of sunshine - the way we all break out the shorts and flip-flops, the suncream and barbecues, only for it to go back to being boring old English weather again the next day - grey and miserable. Today has been beautiful - so sunny and hot. It makes me feel so happy (I am fairly certain I suffer from S.A.D) and yet I'm not all that keen on being out in it. I burn really easily and get so hot so quickly that it ends up making me feel miserable... I think that's why I like spring and autumn as seasons. Nice, crisp sunny days, but without the heat and ickiness that goes with what passes for summer here. It was totally different when we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. It was probably just because it was Waikiki and not Birmingham, but I could cope so much better with the heat (and it was HOT!). It always helps if you've got a pool or the clear blue Pacific Ocean to dip into to cool off!!

The pics are a couple of Hawaii - that's D on Waikiki Beach. They make me feel so happy and uplifted when I look at them - it was such a fabulous holiday. I really need to sort them out and scrap some, but seem to have lost my creative mojo lately. If anyone finds it, please leave a comment and I'll tell you my address so you can return it.... Ta xxx

No comments: