Sunday, May 07, 2006

Blame It On The Rain


I told you!! I knew that the sunshine was too good to be true and wouldn't last.... What a manky day! Of course, it's brightened up now it's too late to do anything, but still... We had hoped to get out in the garden and tidy it up a bit, but there was no chance of that. Obviously, I would have been 'supervising' while D did all of the manual work ;-) So, instead, we've had one of those sort of nothing-y days, where not a lot gets done and we seem to spend all day sitting around eating, reading the papers and watching footie on TV. I did, however, make a few cards - yay!! I am having real trouble getting motivated lately and only seem to make stuff when it's requested of me. However, I thought it would be a terrible waste of a day if I didn't at least try, so I took myself off to my craft room. I've decided to build up a small stock that I can take to work and display in a box for parents and staff. My boss is all for it (she suggested it), but I just haven't been able to get my arse into gear and get the bloomin' things made. I think that part of the trouble is the fear of rejection. Although I like (most of) the cards I make and I always seem to get positive vibes from others, I am petrified that if I put a box out, that none will sell and I'll look like a right plum. It's very personal, as I've created them, I've invested the time and effort into making them and I don't want to be unwanted... Piccy is one of my cards, similar to one I did today, but without the name on the tag. I did a couple of new designs, inspired by a fab fab book I got a while back and now can't seem to work without - see it here . One day I'll get round to photographing some more of them!

1 comment:

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Kel - love that Baby card. Go for it - take your cards into work - I bet you will be pleasantly surprised - Debbie - CBC xxxx