Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Crazy For You

Well, we did it! We found a 'husbun' for Princess Beanster. At least, I hope we have... She was fine on her dirty weekend and they seemed to be getting on well enough, although he was evidently a lot keener on her than she on him - typical! So, I brought them home yesterday afternoon... Meet Radar!!



He is absolutely beautiful - a real 'Heinz 57' I think, as he has one ear lopped and the other upright - hence the name. They make a beautiful couple, but don't let that picture fool you - oh no. Beany is so flipping hoity-toity (love that phrase!) and won't give in the upper hand. You can see he absolutely adores her as he follows her everywhere, gives her little licks, tries to - ahem - do that thing that rabbits do! And that's his problem. She just aint interested mate! I wish he would give up soon and let her wear the trousers she so very obviously covets. It would make my life much easier. I'm sure I just need to be more patient; after all, she's used to being a spoiled little wotsit around here and it will take some getting used to, but I really hope that she starts to love him as much as I already do!


I have discovered that the trouble with two buns is that at least one of them is always moving, so I think there will be tons of blurry photos from now on! Dave pointed out that Radar and Beany (or R&B as my Mom has named them) are a bit like him and me - and he has a point. Rade is a big chunky monkey, Bean wears the trousers and doesn't give in to his advances too easily... hmmm! Here is a pic I took a few minutes ago - there may be hope yet!


ETA: If anyone is ever thinking of getting a rabbit, guinea pig or suchlike, please take a look at the beautiful animals in rescues crying out for a forever home. I got Radar from Louise at Hopper Haven which I found through the wonderful Rabbit Rehome site. Take a look and tell me you can resist those lovely bunny faces... Go on, I dare ya!!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Great to catch up with all your bunny tales, Kel.

Love the pics and the new bunny-boy looks as cute as can be

Lythan said...

They are so sweet together. I love that last photo especially. Ah, sweet bunny love!

Anonymous said...

Aww I just love that pic of the two of them sleeping together they are just so cute.....

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous Bunnies Kel, and well done, I have never managed a photo of my two together sitting still!
Don't they eat the fluffy bed though? Mine eat anything-including fridge magnets!

Anonymous said...

OOH KEL!!! I just love those snuggly bunnies - they look sooooo comfy. My friend has got 2 'buns' and although they're really cute they're also vicious little blighters....you can see it in their eyes as they decide whether to kick or bite you!! Your two just look adorable!

Rachel said...

oh Kel how cuteeeeeeeeeeee, Im not even gonna show Charlotte cause I know shell never stop pestering for one. My sister has a rabbit which Charlotte shares butits kept at my mums and she often moans about that. They look adorable together.