Saturday, October 28, 2006

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

So, it's 4.30 am and I'm wide awake, lying in bed with a cuppa, reading my new Cathy Zielske book. Of course, I should far away in the land of nod, but not a chance! I have all sorts of things flying around in my head, from random songs (why does that happen?) to layouts to card designs for next week's dare... I just love Cathy Z's stuff; man, that woman is talented, but so blimmin' neat. I've give anything to be even a teeny smidge as talented as her, or Elsie, or any of the other scrapbooking godesses out there.

My trouble at the moment is that I don't have what I want, and that's a defining style. I'm still pretty new to scrapping, but even in my cardmaking I flit from style to style, using various techniques. Of course, there's nothing wrong with this, but I would love to have a style that, when someone saw it, they'd say, "Oh, that's a Kel layout". Of course, if you already do this, please let me know and maybe I'll stop stressing!

I suppose I just love buying new bits and bobs, trying out new techniques and generally having fun and not taking my art too seriously. And I guess that's the way it should be.

6 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

I was wide awake at 4am this morning too!!!
I dreamt I made an entire LO & downloaded some fab music from the net on my computer. When I woke it was so clear I had time to sketch the design right down to the vellum background & write the list of tracks!!!! How bizzare is that?!!
Has to be the creative genius in us me thinks..lol!!!

Kathy said...

What are you two like???

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Rachel said...

Kel Im a flitter too and theres nothing wrong with it hun. BTW love the new banner - how did you do it please? cause I NEED one hehe xx

Kathy said...

Heyyyyyy love the new banner Kel - aren't you a lucky girlie then!

When I'm wide awake in the middle of the night I just lie there and seethe because it would be just tooooo much to effort to put my lenses in and actually DO something and the world is fuzzy without them..........

actually my world is pretty fuzzy most of the time.

Unknown said...

Cathy Z is an awesome lady Kel I meet her here in NZ in August at Craft Connection.Very talented.And Funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Kel - I would like a signature style too, but it's good fun trying out different things. Great banner.