Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Got You By The Balls

Sorry for the bluntness of the title, but that's basically how I'm feeling at the moment. Yes, it's another installment in Kel's Job Saga....

So, you know how I was dithering about applying for a new job nearer to home? Well, I kind of decided not to just yet, as I think it will be better to stay where I am for the time being, what with trying for a bubba. Imagine getting a new job and then having to tell them I was pregnant soon after... Hmm, maybe not. Anyhoo, we had a staff meeting tonight as there was a big announcement to be made. Our proprietors are in the process of acquiring the lease on a new site, literally round the corner from the current nursery and will be expanding from January. They have asked me if I'm interested in applying to be deputy. However, this would actually be acting manager for six months or so while my boss is on maternity leave.

If you remember (or look back in the archives!) I had this dilemma a few months ago - and the proprietor hasn't forgotten. I did tell her that the main reasons for not going for it then were the travelling distance and lack of knowledge, but now I feel ready after a few months in my current role and distance isn't an issue as it's actually a few hundred metres closer!

So now I have to do loooooots of reading up and generally get myself to a stage whereby I can convince an Ofsted bod that I am a 'fit person' to be in charge of a nursery within a couple of weeks. Eeeeeek!! If I can't convince my boss, then they won't really consider me for the position.

I am really excited by this opportunity. Hopefully it's just what I need to feel happy at work again, although I am well aware that it will be hard work and pretty stressful at times. I almost started giggling to myself, thinking, "so this isn't the best time to tell you I'm thinking of leaving?..." Any pearls of wisdom will be gratefully received....

Blimey, if you're still reading this, you've done very well!! Here's a new layout I did last week to brighten a very dull post...

7 comments:

Lythan said...

Oooh good on ya Kel! And I love the scrap page. BW watchig your ranking can be a wee bit addictive I've found...

Anonymous said...

Great news about the job prospects, how exciting. Get swotting girl and you'll do brilliantly, I know it :D Great LO youve done ther, I love the ribbons and the huge flower, scrummy.

Kathy said...

Fantastic Kel!

What good news for you - and of course you're fit for the job - they wouldn't have offered it to you if they didn't think you could do it. So good on you matey, I'm soooo chuffed for you xxx

Oh great LO btw, just love the black red white combo, in case you didn't know that already

Paula said...

Great news on the job front Kel. I've always been thrown in at the deep end whenever I've had a new job and my ability to adapt to the situation, means I end up doing the job I didn't think I would be capable of doing - so shut your eyes and jump!!

And loving the scarlett theme.

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

Hiya hun

great news on the job front - and of course you deserve it so get reading and knock em dead girl

great LO the piccie is fab and youve done at great job getting the colours just right - Im being nosy now and gonna ask where were you all off to hehe

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel
As to the job and leaving - be loyal to yourself is all I am saying but if you want the experience go for it - it can only help looking for something more local. Missing you you know where :-)

Rachel