Thursday, October 05, 2006

Father Figure

It's my lovely daddy's birthday tomorrow and do you know what I've bought him? Socks. Bloody socks. Socks is a Christmas present for someone like your grandad, not a birthday prezzie for one of the most important and wonderful men in your life. The trouble is that my Dad has worked hard all his life and is in the position to buy himself all manner of gadgets and gizmos (and he does!). He has all sorts of male grooming products and nice smellies courtesy of my Mom and her good friend QVC, and there really isn't a lot I can get him that he would want but doesn't already have. So, socks it is. I am already trying hard to top socks for his Christmas present.

This piccie is me and my Dad circa 1986 ish (OMG, 20 years ago!!). Notice how pixie boots were in fashion then...

In other news... There isn't any. Sorry, but my life is one big, boring bleurgh! At the moment. It's a bit work, eat, PC, sleep... I think I am actually addicted to the PC and I'm a bit worried. I find myself driving home from work and getting quite excited to be nearly home and on the computer. Poor D must be feeling very neglected (in fact, I know he is - it's a bone of contention in our house lately - oops!), but he's on nights tonight so I can surf away to my heart's content.

Ooh, just thought of some news... I have a secret that I can't tell you. Neither can Lythan. You'll just have to wait...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved my pixie boots, the thought of wearing them now theyre back in fashion is just wrong to me though!

Ooooh Secrets eh? How exciting!

Saffa said...

secret ay???

Kathy said...

ooooh isn't it nice to have a secret.........

Happy Birthday Kel's dad.

Sorry Kel, I just can't help you top the socks for Christmas - amybe you could issue that as a challenge?

Lythan said...

Does your dad take photies? for my dad's birthday I bought him a book from photobox - he chooses what photos go in and it comes in a properly bound printed book (and it was £20 so not expensive either) MInd you i don't think photobox were pleased with me after I told him to use customer services for help. (Its not difficult its just him)

Anonymous said...

hmm if ur secret is the same as my secret then i still cant tell either lol

As for pressies Men are sooo difficult to buy for - what about something crafted by you? Failing that I am selling a new ipod in my quest for a craft robo :p

Carolyn said...

I know what you mean about present buying...it is Paul's birthday soon abd i have no idea what to get him....socks could be good. Oh no another one with a secret - is it catching

Rachel said...

well I reckon Ive guessed these secrets but since they are secrets Im not gonna say incase Im wrong - what a load of gobbledegook!. anyway hope your dad had a great birthday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx