Sunday, October 15, 2006

Alive and Kicking

Well, it's been a funny old week. Something that has been a huge part of my life for the last 3 years has come to an end in a rather unpleasant manner and I've found out things about people that have surprised and saddened me. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth, but it's slowly being sweetened by the taste of true friendship. I think it will take me some time to come to terms with what's happened recently, but I'm sure I will eventually. My comfort blanket has been taken away and I feel as though I'm standing here somewhat naked and cold, but perhaps it's time to stand on my own two feet. I feel new and exciting things starting to happen and this can only be a good thing. I'm really sorry that all this sounds rather cryptic for those of you not 'in the know', but I really don't want to elaborate as I believe that it's better that you don't know as it may spoil your own fun.

I've had a fantastic weekend in Paignton, Devon, blowing out the cobwebs with a walk along the sea front. It was just what I needed after this week. I love, love, love the sea - I actually cry when I see it for the first time in a while and I could sit and watch it all day. I feel so much more refreshed and ready to go again. I also had a great night out last night, playing pool with D and friends in a bar on the harbour and drinking plenty vino pinko, getting rather tiddly - something I haven't done in absolutely ages. D took much delight in telling everyone today how I got drunk - that's how rarely it happens. Funnily enough, my pool-playing improved with the increased alcohol consumption...

So, dearest readers, I'm back and I'm raring to go. Thank you for your supportive comments and messages and for sticking with me through all the whingeing and moaning, the tantrums and tears. Hopefully, I and a few friends will have something exciting to share with you very soon...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

awwwwwww hun glad to hear your bouncing back. I have many happy memories of childhood hols in Paigntop as well as a very dodgy extended holiday romance many years ago - but say no more hehe. Sending you a big hug just cause your ace (((HHHUUUUUGGGGG))))) xx

Jane said...

more hugs hon

maggie said...

Kelly im pleased to hear your bouncing back Just wanred to send you a great big (((HHHHUUUUUGGG)))))