Saturday, October 21, 2006

Point of No Return

Yay!!! Yesterday finally saw the launch of Daring Cardmakers - a new kind of challenge blog that some blog-land friends and I have been working on (you have no idea of the trouble we've had to get this off the ground!) What excited me about this was that pretty much all of the other dare-type blogs that are around are mainly for scrapbooking, whereas ours focuses on making cards to a certain theme or idea, which should hopefully include a huge chunk of fabulously talented crafters into the dare blog world.

The first dare was to make a card around the theme of 'friendship' - something that has been an issue to many of us in the last couple of weeks, in one way or another.

My card was inspired by a Lulu Guiness handbag I spotted in a magazine that used the phrases 'love', 'trust' and 'friendship', which I thought very apt. Papers are from Provocraft - Rob & Bob Studio Scribble Floral, the flowers are from my trusty X-Cut punch and the diamantes are attached using a Kandi Kane. I've inked edges with black Stazon (if it's not moving, ink it!!) and the phrases were done with a Dymo Jr.

There are some fabulous designers on the team and we'd love it if everyone had a go whenever possible and we hope to encourage some spontaneity back into card making and show it can be as cool and exciting as scrapbooking!

See you there - if you DARE!!!

3 comments:

Oblibby said...

I love this card, Kel - just has everything - pink, black and sparkles - could be the story of my life.

Rachel said...

I dare hehehe check my blog out!. Great card Kel, hope things are better for you now, sending you hugs hun (hhuuuggggssss) xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love this card Kel and thanks for bringing the cardmakers challenges to us - just what we need. I've done my 'Friend' cards (actually they're ones I did a while back but they still work - I hope).

Keep us the good work and can't wait for the next challenge/dare.

Tracey x