Friday, October 27, 2006

My Ever Changing Moods

Woo hooo! Week 2 of Daring Cardmakers !! Told you it was a doozy! Jane likes to keep us on our toes... Have you had a go yet? Go on, I DARE you!

Right, for those who may be interested, here are the details on my efforts:

This one is nice and simple - papers are from the DCWV Christmas Stack, beer glass is a Quickutz die cut. Title is cut with the ever-trusty Craft Robo, bottle tops supplied by my wonderful hubby, who thought Christmas had come early when I forced him to go buy beer and drink it quickly... Edges well and truly inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut.



The second one was more laborious and I still don't know if I like it, but there you go. Papers are random odds and ends from my scraps folder, sunshine is a cupcake case coloured yellow with chalks. A magazine freebie flower circle doo-dah was place on yellow card, then a few seed beads put in the centre and covered with a good dollop (love that word!) of Anita's 3D Gloss.

So, after a fairly productive crafting week (I have a LO to show off another day), I have ended the week on a low :-(

Had a good day yesterday - had a mock interview with an ex nursery manager to see if I might pass the Ofsted interview and she said I would pass with flying colours! Yay me!! Today was pants as one of our staff is blatantly taking the piss and my boss is ready to walk, which will gut me, as she is fantastic and I'm not sure how I would feel working there knowing the owners had let that happen....

Ho hum. At least it's Friday! Three whole days off and lots of crafting to do.....

4 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

My recipe for cheer ups...
deep bath of bubbles preferably expensive smelling things followed by champagne & chocolates. Lifted my spirit a treat on Thursday. After all the high of the wedding I came back to earth...bump... good job had the dare to look forward to.
I like both your entries...completely different from each other.

Rachel said...

Hiya Hun - love the cards. Sorry to hear about the p*ss taker - grrrrr, have a great weekend xx

Oblibby said...

Hey Kel - just ignore the idiot at work (and if you can't do that, remember all of us have at least one where we work).

Love the cards, especially the beer - really warm colours - my men cards always end up looking a bit cold - haha perhaps I need to find a man I can think of when I'm making them.

Kathy said...

I love your cards - I don't think I've ever seen one that I don't like.

I think the beer cap one is a brilliant idea for those blokey cards we all dread doing - inspired stuff Kel, but does D know he's had his beer quota for the next two years just for that one card?