Friday, November 03, 2006

I Want a New Drug

Eurgh! I have the most awful, yucky cold going. My head is surely stuffed with several rolls of cotton wool, I look like Rudolph and I'm cold, or hot, or cold... I've been taking some supposedly strong cold and flu remedy, but it doesn't appear to have any fight in it, as I'm getting worse and not better. Any recommendations?

I hope you are impressed at my dedication to you though? I've dragged myself from my sick bed to post details of the cards I've made for this week's exciting Dare. This week, Kathy B has challenged us to create cards featuring sewing, be it machine or hand stitched. Now, being completely useless with a sewing machine, hand stitching it is for me.

Iiiiin one...


Background paper is from the Paperloft Flip Flops range - I love love love the bright colours in these papers! The edges have been inked (duh!). The flowers were cut on the Craft Robo and the edges of these inked too. I used some black cross stitch thread to do running stitch around the petals. In the centre of the flowers there are some matching colour seed beads, covered with some Anita's 3D Gloss.

Iiiiiiin two...

This one also features Flip Flops paper, cut into strips and backed on pink paper. I then used different coloured threads to do the stitching around the edges of the panels. The greeting was printed on the pc, but I can't remember the font!



And Bully's special priiiiize....

It's a Chr****** card!! I don't usually make these until about, ooh, 24th December, so you're honoured. Papers are DCWV Chr****** Stack, tree is a sizzix die which has been inked and dotted with sparkly red Stickles. I used read thread for the stitching.


That's all for this week, unless I get a sudden burst of creativity, but I think I might just crawl back to bed and stay there for a week. Check out the Dare and the other girls' blogs - some awesome work going on this week!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh wow Kel, you did THREE!!!!

You little creep :-) Can you put that Christmas card aside for me please, I love it!

Hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing to suggest apart from Beechams Hot lemon and honey thingies - they stink, but they seem to do the trick for me.

Oblibby said...

Three great cards, Kel.

Can I fight Kathy for the Christmas one, cos it's amazing.

Get well soon, sweetie xoxo

Paula J Atkinson said...

Three great little numbers.
Mines still in sketch form!!!!
Hope you are better real soon. Bed rest & a small drop of Baileys is all I can recommend, having just had flu & discovering that nothing worked!!!

Jo said...

Fabby cards Kel, that flip flops paper looks yummy :) Hope you stop feeling poorly soon. Being poorly is pants :(

Jo x

Jane said...

big hugs Kel sorry your feeling yucky ! lovely cards, I love those papers too.

Anonymous said...

Your stitched flowers are fab! I love the boldness of them-I wanna be able to do cards like that!!!

(the flip flops paper is pretty gorgeous too :-))

Anonymous said...

Great cards Kel - hope you are feeling a bit better today.x

Andrea C (Frog) said...

fantastic cards Kel my favourite is the christmas one.

Andrea

Rachel said...

awww sorry to hear your not well hun, thought youd been quite recently. I lurve the chrimbo card its fab xxxx

Anonymous said...

Great cards Kel (as per usual). Hope you feel better soon.