Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What About Me

I did this layout last night for the weekly challenge over on UKS and I'm really pleased with it. Not only did I think up the design all by myself, no help from sketches, books or anyfink, it's a page that can go in my (eventual) Book of Me. Lots of scrappers don't scrap themselves - whether they don't like to, are afraid to or for other reasons, but, d'ya know what? I love it. I like to scrap what I know, and, after a bumpy few years, I think I know myself pretty well now. I feel quite sad that D doesn't really have a record of his parents and now they're gone it's too late to ask them to recount their stories. I want to talk to my parents and grandparents, but there just never seems to be time, or I don't know how to go about it. If I scrap myself, as well as those around me, then there will always be some sort of record for my children and their children to look at.

Have you seen the mini midweek challenge on the Dares? There will be a few of these from time to time and they're great for kick-starting the inspiration. Why not kill two birds with one stone and use the recipe to make your main challenge card? Here's the one I've done so far...


I'm fed up with having to take pictures of my work at night - they look better in the daylight, honest! Can you tell I am loving my new Basic Grey Gypsy papers?

8 comments:

Lythan said...

That layout is scrumptious. You look like a princess too :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LO Kel, its totally stunning just like you! Rhi x

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabby layout Kel, so colourful yet you stand out perfectly off the page, so we can see just who it is all about!!!!
I've done a few pages of me but always prefer me in B&W. I have one completed BOM now, but, I haven't really started on the family bits yet!!!!
I think the mini dare card is cute.
I too am sick of taking photos at night but it is just as dingy in the mornings before work & funnily enough at lunch feeding face comes first..ooh I love my rivita!!!

Kathy said...

Wonderful LO Kel, the strips of paper look great and are doubly good because you don't need to use much of your precious stash! That photo is just gorgeous - you look totally happy and it's obvious you are enjoying your special, special day

I love the card, the circles are such a good way, again, to use papers, but only a little bit of them!

Rachel said...

Kel what a gorgeous LO and Im sooo glad you love scrapping yourself - like you mentioned I hate it, but do think Id better for my children and grandchildren to really know how bad my hand writing was hehe. I love your work hun xx

Anonymous said...

Fab layout !!!
I really love your style !!!

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Kel - what a fab layout - you little princess :-)

Debbie
x

Kathy said...

Tell you what Kel - you're welcome to do something along the same lines as my Christmas cards, if I can lift your idea for the Recipe Little Extra - cos I love it and think it would make me some more C Cards - what do you reckon?