Friday, November 24, 2006

It's So Easy

...Or so I thought! This week's Dare is provided by Jo and it's all about the doodles! Now, I've done a bit of doodling on layouts, but I'm not very good, so was panicking slightly, but here are my attempts for this week.

This one is really simple. The greeting was printed using 'Eight Fifteen' font and mounted onto some pink Bazzill cardstock. The flowers were punched using various punches and a Quickutz die. I used a Kandi Kane to put a bit of bling in the flower centres and then, of course the most important part was some swirly -whirly doodling to link the flowers.

The card on the right used baby blue Bazzill (sorry, I can't remember the proper names!) for the base, with inked edges and some hand-drawn lines doodled around the edge. I used Doodlebug Whimsical Winter paper (inked) layered on the base card, then some darker blue Bazzill (er, inked!) on top of that. I used a couple of the Whimsical Winter cardstock stickers and dotted around these, then hand-wrote 'Christmas!'.

Thanks to Jo for a great Dare this week. I've enjoyed doodling and plan to use it more, but it's not as easy as it first seems. I guess the thing to do is relax and let it come naturally and not to worry if it goes wrong. There are some amazing examples by the other girls on the blog, so I hope we've inspired you to have a try if it's not something you've done before?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i love that one !!!
may I inspire myself to make my xmas cards ???
thanks

Gillian said...

Kel I just love them both, they are both so different, But both have your style stamped on them
I really, really love the flower one, so classic.. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Kel, both these cards are gorgeous. I am so jealous yet inspired!

Kathy said...

Great cards Kel
I think you're right about trying to relax and let it floooooowwwwww

Anonymous said...

Fab cards Kel , i love the flowers one.

Andrea xx

Jo said...

Glad you enjoyed the dare :) Both the cards are fantastic, the flower one is gorgeous and love those Doodlebug papers :)

Jo xx

BondGirl said...

As usual Kel, more stunning cards made by you :D I love the flower one and the christmas one looks really cool.

I know what you mean about relaxing when doodling, think thats what i need to do more

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Kel - love both your cards - I think your doodling is really fab :-)

Debbie
xxxxxx

Jane said...

I just love them both- but the first is my favourite . beautiful cards.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards & I do love those flowers. They look truly stylized.
I thought I'd come onto the wrong blog because the banner hadn't finished loading & you changed your picture..trying to wake me up before coffee this morning..hehehe..

Pearl said...

love the doodle lines ! Great ideas !

Saffa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOur cards Kel they are great..

Love the 'simple doodling' shows how many different ways doodling can be manipulated

xxSaffa

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous Kel. I love them
Tracey xxx