Saturday, November 18, 2006

Man Made

Here it is, my effort for this week's Dare. Debbie dared us to make a card using some ribbon - oh joy! One of my favourite things! But no - that wouldn't be much of a challenge, would it? No, we had to make a card featuring ribbon for a male type person... Well, seeing as my darling D hits the big Four-Oh next month (eeek!), I thought I would have a go at making a card for him. I used my precious Crate Papers for the brown background, which was inked with Tim Holtz distress ink in Walnut and mounted onto green Bazzill cardstock, and used the reverse of the brown Crate for the little stripy square - also inked (duh - of course!) The ribbons are Making Memories and the circles and stickers are from the Lisa Bearnson kit that was a TSV on QVC a while back. There are some stunning examples from the other gals on the blog, so please take a peep if you haven't already!

Other exciting news - our lovely Jo is up for Cardmaker of the Year in 'Simply Cards and Papercraft Magazine' and her cards always leave me with my jaw hanging open (and anyone that has read about my jaw will know that that's not an easy or pain-free thing to do!!). Please vote for her here so she can win goodies to make more stunning cards with!

5 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabby card there Kel. Love the papers & the colours of those ribbons are really scrummy.
I have already spotted Jo in Simply Cards & registered my vote for her.....Was hoping to have seen a few of you girls up there along side her!!!!! But, then I wouldn't have known who the hell to vote for!!!!!!!!!!!

Gillian said...

Hi Kel,
what a gorgeous card... I love the simple elegant design.. and my fav colours...
Just love the LO below, very nice.. ..great pic too...

Jo said...

Yummy card, Kel, that paper is sooo lush :) Thank you for the mention on your blog :)

Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Fabbo card Kel!

Kathy said...

I love this card, love the muted colours and the simple stylish desing. I say simple - bat as cardmakers know, things may look simple, but the creation is often anything but!