Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Way We Talk

Dare 4 is up! This week, Tracie challenged us to come up with cards featuring different languages. Some of the others were really swotty and used ideas such as British Sign Language, Geek Speak and the language of flowers. However, I'm a literal kind of girl and just went for some bog-standard translation type stuff!

This card uses one of my favourite colour combinations of red, black and white. Paper is DCWV, torn at the edges and layered on black cardstock. Red heart cut from textured card, lightly sanded and edges inked with black Stazon. All of the 'I Love You' phrases are done with the Dymo Jr and the red ones have some tiny white gel pen 'stitches' around them.

The second card is another fave - I love using really bright colours. Background paper is Colour My World Cupcakes 'Jelly Spots' (from my NEC stash!), inked around the edges with a pink Cats Eyes ink. The tags are cut out of some DCWV mat stack card. Doodlebug 'All Mixed Up' rub-ons provide the phrases and a co-ordinating prima flower with white brad and some hot pink grosgrain and a staple finish them off.

I really enjoyed this week's dare, so please have a go and see what you can come up with. Also, keep your eyes peeled (eeeuw!) as we might just have some more mini midweek mayhem planned on the blog!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Who are you calling swotty, Madam?

great cards - you know I love the black, white, red combo so got in first, I think!

Love the brights too - these cards are so different from each other - a wonderful contrast to show for the same theme

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Cards Kel, I love them both but the brights are just stunningly funky.

Paula J Atkinson said...

I love the "love" translation, very classy & a good valentine card...thought I haven't anyone to send it to except myself of course..lol!

Gillian said...

Hi Kel,
thanks for stoppin by my blog,
It was a so fun making my dare, what a buzz.... I can see why you are all into it..
you have a great blog, and I love your cards, It's lovely to see what everyone else is making...

Anonymous said...

Great cards Kel!

Oblibby said...

These cards are amazing Kel. I love bright colours, and black red & white. Really striking.

Saffa said...

I think both your cards are stunning, but the black and white is so stylidh and classy!

Well done

excellent as usual