Monday, November 20, 2006

Cars

Wooohoooo! I got a new car yesterday! It's not new new - in fact, it's only a couple of years newer than my last one, but at least it stands a chance of passing the MOT first time - I hope. I did so love my Clio, and it was so hard to let her go, but the problem with her was that she failed for the last three years on the same thing, so there was every chance the same thing would happen again in March. The chap next door to my parents was looking to sell his wife's Fiesta, as she doesn't use it now, so my lovely Daddy wondered if I would be interested. Er, hello!! So, with (a lot) of financial help from my Dad, I am now the proud owner of Felicity Fiesta. My poor Clio is now sitting on my Grandad's drive, waiting for my Dad to clean her up and sell her on. I did have an emotional moment or two when I drove her for the last time, until I remembered that it's just a car - a heap of metal and mechanics and there's really no reason for unnecessary emotion!

I've got the week off work as I had holiday to use up (hence this weekday blogging madness!), so I'm planning on getting busy in my craft room and making lots of Christmas cards, as well as doing various challenges and other stuff. So, today I was very busy... Watching Strictly Come Dancing and Lost that I had taped over the weekend. Hmmm, not very crafty. However, I did manage to complete a layout that covered two challenges (check me!!).

The LO is based on the Pencil Lines sketch for this week and also the Weekly Challenge on UKS
It finally gave me the opportunity to scrap those fab photos of the boys when they ate the sour sweets, and there is some journalling hidden inside the yellow gatefold mentioning this. I'm quite proud of the title - I wrote it all myself - no printers or anyfink! Papers are, of course, Paper Loft Flip Flops. Now, just 50-odd Christmas cards and a couple of Dare cards to make for Friday's challenge and I can relax....

7 comments:

Jane said...

congratulations on your lovely new arrival ! lucky you. Great layout. - but 50 Christmas cards ??eek.

Gillian said...

Oh Wow Kel,this is a beautiful LO..Love that paper.. it's a cool sketch isn't it. I might tackle it again....You have done a beautiful job. very clever use of the sketch....

BondGirl said...

fab layout that paper is scrummy.

Welcome to the fiesta owners club, Geoffrey and Felicity will have to meet up soon

Kathy said...

Those pics are sooo fab - such great expressions. Great LOs, I'm going to have a go at the one with circles on it - can't remember now which of the blogs it was on...

Congrats on the new wheels - Felicity Fiesta sounds a real Party Girl - just like you, eh?

Beadyjan said...

Happy new car - great l/os.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Congrats on the acquiring Felicity!!
Enjoy your holiday. I often think I haven't had a proper day off if I done no any crafting, but in fact it is meant to be about "ME" time too!!!! I sit in front of the TV with mine!!!!
Love the layout, fab papers & great title.

Anonymous said...

Love the LO Kel, really bright cheery and funny. Congratulations on the new member of your family, may you have many happy miles together! Rhi x