Friday, January 26, 2007

Black Metallic

It's Dare day! This week, Saffa wants us to make a card featuring something metallic, be it hardware, inks or pens, paper or card or whatever you can find!



Not had a lot of time again, but I was asked to make a 40th birthday card, so this is what I came up with. Using black as my base, I cut out the 'happy birthday' using the Craft Robo and Journaling Hand font. I then put a piece of silver mirror card behind it. I made a ribbon slider with the Robo, cutting out '40' and again putting silver card behind. I tore the edge from a piece of Basic Gray Gypsy paper (ouch!) and added it to the card, then threaded some pale pink grosgrain ribbon through the slider and stuck it down. A few diamantes added with the Kandi Kane finished it off. It's difficult to show in a photo, but it looked pretty good in real life, honest!

As ever, the other girls have made some stunning cards, so please go take a squizz at the blog and join in when you can!

6 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love the card, very stylish.
I realy do love this new banner of yours, it catches my eye everytime I popon for a cathc up!!!

Sheila said...

Really neat card......I don't do neat too good so I love drooling over other peoples........and you used HOW MANY jewels.....gawd I nearly broke out in a cold sweat8-)
Sets it off lovely.
Sheila-x-

Anonymous said...

lol at the ouch and tearing your Basic Grey paper. Love your card and that robo font is good.

Dollydimps said...

I love love LOVE that BG paper! And the card's pretty gorgeous too! ;-) xx

Kathy said...

oooh so you put the whole card blank through the CR to cut out the letters? I've not tried that, sounds a bit tricky for this novice!

Great card - I love the strong colour contrast of the brights with the black

Tracey said...

Another fab card Kel as per usual.