Sunday, September 17, 2006

You Wanted More

Jane's been moaning that we haven't been blogging again! Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to keep checking a blog only to find it hasn't been updated since the last time you looked. However, some of us don't have as much time infront of the pc as we would like; life just kinda gets in the way! Sorry Jane.... :-( (Plus, you have the added advantage of those gorgeous boys to blog about! I am short on material in the week...)

Anyhoo, yesterday we had another meet up of ladies from the CBC forum . It was a much smaller affair than earlier in the year, but just as much (if not more) fun than last time and I, for one, didn't feel as overwhelmed as I did before.

What I liked about this meet, as opposed to the last couple I've been to, was that we all sat around a big table and actually made some cards. Well, some of the girls did. Some of us just sat and watched the creative juices flowing! It was great to all join in, doing the very thing that brought us all together in the first place and I think it helped to break down some of the little groups that tend to form at these things.

Once again, it was lovely to meet some new faces as well as catch up with those that are more familiar. I was again amazed at the lengths some people will go to to come to these events. I am lucky in that it's only a half hour drive for me, but others spent hours in their cars, on trains or even flew to be there. Guest of honour Annmarie finally made it after several disasters involving knickers and train delays and it was fab to finally meet her for real!

We all had a real laugh, especially at Em, demanding poor Barry in Burger King give her more paper bags (after the disappointment of not finding any in the ladies loos.... - the lengths we crafters will go to for our art!) and Lucy's fantastic new range of greetings for the charity cards ('Let In Snow, anyone?) and I only have to say "Code 54, MOD DOWN!!!" and several people will be in hysterics.

Thank you to all involved for a fabby day out and shame on you to those who dropped out - you missed a brilliant time! Here's to the next one.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel

Was fab to see you again too! (ooh i am assuming that you thought it was fab to see me!)
Yesterday was good fun - sadly I missed the BK episode and on hearing about it I am not sure what is worse - the actual event or the pictures I am seeing!!!!

Anyhow - glad you enoyed yourself and bring on the next one eh?

Love and hugs
Bex xx

Kelly K said...

Bex, it was lovely to see you again - just wish we'd had longer to natter! I too missed the actual BK event, so perhaps the second-hand accounts are exaggerated?... Nah!!

Jane said...

I'm looking green here ! I'm so envious. So wish I could have been there- but glad you had a good time

Sue said...

fabby entry as usual says it all a fantastic day!!!!

and we NEVER needed the code!!!


much

Anonymous said...

Please dont set me off again my chest has only just stopped hurting from the laughter.

Kel it was great to meet you at long last.


And Bex, as a first hand witness the BK incident was worse than you could imagine!

Paula said...

Oh I really wish I could have been there. Events conspired against me, and it was probably for the best with the mood I've been in recently. I will be at the next one tho, cause the last one was great fun!

Rachel said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW I feel bad now for dropping out - but I had sooo much to prepare for Jacks christening the day after. I worked like a blue arsed fly cleaning, food shopping, getting Tonys outfit (why do men always leave it to the last minute grrr) But twas his own fault that I then bought Jack some different trousers for the big day and a new wine rack and clock from BHS hehe. I do hope to come along to the next one xxxx