Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Cutter

I just wubs my parents!! They are the bestest, most generous I've ever had. This year is D's 40th birthday and next February I hit the big three-oh (I've decided to tell people that I'm 26, as pretty much everyone who asks is surprised when I tell them I'm 29 as I look about 19. I am going to be 26 for as long as I can get away with it.) My lovely parents have paid for us to go away for a week to a villa in Menorca with them, instead of having parties and other such nonsense. I absolutely cannot wait, as I really missed going away this year (a week camping isn't quite the same!). How generous is that? We are going here , so I hope it's as nice as it looks (apart from the bedspreads 8-0 ). I've only ever done Mallorca, but the parents have done Menorca before and loved it - and I totally trust their judgment.

Not only that, but they are going to lend me the money for one of these . I have wanted a craft robo for soooooo long, but the price was far too out of reach for poor little me. However, they've now dropped in price and as it's more attainable, I thought I might save up my babysitting money to put towards it. Last week I turned up at the house (after a 15 mile drive) only to be told that they'd had a row and wouldn't be going out - eeeek!! 30 mile round trip for nothing - and I could have gone for a meal after the meet but had to pass. Grrr! This week, a different set of parents/children - had a phone call at 5 pm to cancel as the baby was ill. Aaargh!!! Someone is trying to thwart my attempts at owning a robo!

So, I'm telling this to my Mom, when she says "oh, we'll pay for it if you want one now - you can pay us back." Ooooh, thinks I, that sounds like a deal to me! So, with any luck, by Tuesday, I may be the proud owner of a Craft Robo. No idea what I'll do with it yet, but at least I'll have one...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awwwwww Kel what lovely parents and that place looks lovely - bet you cant wait!. As for the age thing mmmmm well since Im older than you *roll eye* I expect some respect young lady hehe. Does it make you feel better approaching the BIG 30 if I tell you Ive just turned 32 the beginning of September, and I dont feel or act that old!. Enjoy life, dont worry about a "number" loadsa luv Rach xxxx