Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back In Business

Woo hooooo!! Look!! I made a card! Actually, I made two, but I can't show you the other one just yet.

I just haven't been feeling very crafty of late. My mojo is more like mo-go and it's mo-gone. I get very frustrated that I see all these beautiful cards and scrapbook layouts and I just can't compete because of a) lack of time, b) lack of suitable stash and c)lack of talent. I would love to be able to buy everything I wanted for my crafting, but, of course, it just aint possible. Ideally, I wish I was good enough at this lark to be asked by a mag or website to design for them, then I would get to play with loads of pretties for nowt! Unfortunately, this is never likely to happen, so I'll just have to sit and admire the lovelies from afar, while a puddle of drool seeps through the keys on my keyboard...

What I am chuffed about with the card you see here is that I have managed not one, but two 'firsts'. I finally found my Dymo Jr and used it and I also used that bloomin' Quickutz car that everyone has and nobody uses cos it's so flipping fiddly. Yay me! Just hope the inspiration continues once I have my Robo....

8 comments:

maggie said...

I have been tagged by Carolyn so i am tagging you.

Jane said...

blimey ! I asked for more blogging and I certainly got it eh !! well done you- blogging every day ! Love the card- think its great. And ahhh. what lovely parents you have. ! keep up the good work matey !

Saffa said...

Aww love the card....well done.

Dont be so hard on yourself mrs!


xxSaffa

Lythan said...

1: Fabby card
2: I have used the die! I took my zipemate on holiday and made a load of qk toppers including about 20 of those cards. I've used them all now though.
3: really fabby card
4: green about craft robo
5: and card
6: and holiday
7: Sound of music track 5 "I have confidence in me" play until it has sunk in
8: cos you are fabby as well as your cards

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Love that card Kel. Have fun when you get your Robo :-)

Kathy said...

Love the card, Kel - great colours too.

And like Saffa says - ease up on yourself, sounds like the people at work give you enough hassle so don't join in and beat yourself up too.


OH! Look at the letters I got to type in for the spam deterrant: .........omgdiet. Not nioce to see when I've just got back from my hols :-o

Jo said...

lol @ Kathy's letters! Found your blog thru Jane's *waves* Your cards are fab :) and enjoy the Robo *insert jealous smilie here!*

Rachel said...

Hiya Kel, sorry I havent visited your blog for ages hun - I dont know where time goes, but hubbys out tonight so Im nosying into everyones lifes xx

That card if fab, and I can understand where your coming from with the a/ lack of time b/ lack of talent - Im not feeling very crafty atm and cant seem to get motivated with it at all.

Hope to see more of your work soon now youve got your new toy to play with - lucky you ! xx