Monday, April 24, 2006

I Don't Like Mondays

Oooh, I had a really lovely weekend in Leeds - shame work gets in the way of weekends, isn't it? It was the most boring drive up there - all stop/start on the M1 and my MP3 player decided it wasn't going to play me any Kaiser Chiefs. However, once I eventually arrived, it was lovely to see Andrea again and catch up on some good old girly gossip. We ate yummy pizzas for tea and drank plenty of pink wine, getting us in the mood for a bit of Singstar. Turns out, I'm something of a Singstar hustler. I think I can actually sing! Reasonably in tune and in key!! I got quite a few top scores, much to Andrea's disgust! Great fun though...

On Saturday we decided we'd play at being grown-ups and went to visit Chatsworth House . If you've seen 'Pride and Prejudice' you may recognise it. It's absolutely beautiful and well worth a visit - even if just to go the farm bit to see the baby animals - so cute!! I was convinced no-one would notice me smuggling a lamb or even a baby guinea pig out, but Andrea thought I may be spotted... We also went to the cinema to see 'American Dreamz' (with a zee...) which was, quite frankly, crap! It was a bit like Footballers' Wives, in that, it was so bad it was funny. Definitely one to wait until it comes on terrestrial TV before you see it... We figured that it fit in with the two themes of our weekend - singing and Pride and Prejudice, which we watched on Sunday morning, while wearing our jammies and eating strawberry white chocolate - yum! And how scrummy is Matthew Macfadyen? Especially the bit in the rain when he tells Elizabeth he loves her.... Mmmmm!

So, we had a brill weekend and it was all over too soon. In a way it's nice that she lives further away as if she was still in Birmingham, we probably wouldn't do such nice stuff together or make as much of an effort, but I do miss her being around.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hiya Kel

great blog! and yes it is addictive. We visited Chatworth at Easter, although didnt do the house just the farm - Charlotte loved it. We are very lucky to be so close to such a beautiful place, we drove through at the weekend to see the lambs in the park. I look forward to reading more about your world, and you have some great piccies posted - your bunny is sooooooo cute. Enough rambling from me, take care love Rach x