Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Funky Town



Yay!! May be off on an impromptu trip to Leeds to see bezzie mate this weekend! She's all alone and friendless as her hubby is on a stag weekend, (whatever happened to making it one night, just bar-crawling round your local town centre, getting a curry and waking up tied to a lampost with your eyebrows removed??) so I said I'll bob on up there to keep her company. Now, Leeds is a tres cool place to be - if you go out. I, on the other hand, don't do out. I like in. I don't know why - I never used to be like this, but pubs, bars and especially clubs freak the hell out of me. Stoopid really, as I usually end up having a good time if I find myself in one, but the thought of actually going makes me feel physically sick. I think I just feel so out of touch with 'the kids' nowadays! I mean, I'm only 29 for Pete's sake! But D and I just never go out - mainly due to the fact that we are skint all the time (and there aren't many places nearby that cater for fans of 80s hair rock!) I don't have many real friends either (quit with the violins!!) and the work girlies all go out in Solihull, which is far too much in taxi fayres for me to bother with.

So, I'm looking forward to seeing Andrea, and having a chilled night in with nice food, a couple of bottles of vino and perhaps a few rounds of Singstar on the PS2. We may go to the cinema, but there's kak-all on at the moment, so I don't know. Whatever I do, I won't be making an arse of myself in some club full of pre-pubescent 12 year-olds wearing hankies for clothes and ratted on WKD dancing to crap music, moaning that my feet hurt cos I'm not wearing my Crocs!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm 27 myself, and have found it's a strange age as far as going out--especially if you're married. Too young to be old and hang out at the local, too old to hang out with the teens at the local night club. In is about the only other option!