Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Doctor Feelgood

So today I spent 4 hours in A&E... this totally freaked D out when I told him, but, thankfully, I was not the patient - I had to accompany a work colleague who had breathing difficulties (quit the ciggies love!). Aren't hospitals just the most boring places? I have never spent so much time just, well, waiting. First we waited in the A&E reception and she was seen after about 15 minutes. Great, I think. In and out in no time - fantastic! (Cue big Family Fortunes style "er eeeeeerrrrrr!") She spent at least an hour in a cubicle having various tests, leaving me in the waiting room, eavesdropping on other peoples' tales of woe. (Can you believe there were two small children brought in after drinking medicine?? I guess it's easy to judge when it's not your child...) Eventually I was called to go sit with her, which we did for about 15 minutes before going to Radiology... where we sat some more. After the X-ray, we went back to A&E to do more sitting before trotting off to the Medical Assessment Unit (so what was the first bit?), where we waited and waited and waited..... eventually, her Mom came and, thankfully, I was able to go back to work. I wouldn't have minded, but she and I hardly ever talk at work and I can think of better ways to spend a morning!! Ho hum, all in the line of duty, I guess.

One thing I did notice was a distinct lack of dishy docs. Now, I know I'm a married woman, but surely it's every female's right to be able to while away the waiting time by ogling some medical eye-candy? I think I need to start a campaign to get beefcake doctors and male nurses on the NHS menu!

Okay, time for a gratuitous piccie. The whole time I was typing this, Beany has been sitting on my lap and licking my arm (and pooing on my lap - always a sure thing if there's licking!), so here she is....

Aint she a cutie? Have to be going now as one of the best tv shows in the whole wide world is on shortly. I just loooove The Apprentice, mainly cos I like to see people fall on their arse when they think they are so good! Can't beat a bit of Schadenfreuder on a Wednesday evening!!

No comments: