Friday, April 21, 2006

China Girl

I went to see the fabulous Miss Saigon last night. ( I know it's not China, but I'm trying to stick with the 80s song title theme!) If you haven't seen this show, you really, really, really need to go. I've only ever heard the score before and it makes me cry like a baby, so seeing it in living colour on stage was an amazing experience. I've only ever seen one show before and that wasn't a 'proper' one, but listened to loads and I do love them! I think I was a gay guy in a previous life. My secret ambition is to be in a production on stage. Of course, this will never happen, as I am painfully shy and can't even do karaoke for fear of making a tit of myself. I'm even worried about playing singstar with Andrea this weekend! On my own, I can sing with the best of them and dream of being Rizzo in Grease.... So, a great evening was had by me (and the parents, who paid for my ticket - thank you xxx), with only a tiny grumble; why are the seats at the Birmingham Hippodrome so bloody tiny? I spent all evening on one bum cheek as I had to turn to the side to squeeze my legs in and even now have dents in my knees! It didn't help that the rather large lady next to me had a touch of B.O too....

Today's piccie is of some lovely duckies that just landed in our back garden. I'm surprised we don't see more as we have a nature reserve at the end of the garden, but these are the first ducks I've seen. They flew away when Devil Cat appeared out of the long grass. Devil Cat is so named because it's black, snotty and scares the hell out of Beany if she's sitting by the back door.


No comments: