Sunday, December 10, 2006

Slender Frame

Woohoo! I've just jumped on the scales (well, stepped carefully - didn't want them to scream in agony) and discovered I weigh a fraction under 13 stone, for the first time in years! Yay me! Of course, this may have something to do with the fact that I spent the best part of yesterday either locked in or not venturing far from my bathroom. Euch. I think it was a dodgy piece of fish that I had for tea on Friday night - serves me right for being lazy and going to the chippy instead of cooking good, wholesome food...

I go through phases with my weight and body image. I'm not slim, but I'm not what you'd call chunky either. I think I must be 'big boned' or one of those other cliches, as I seem to hide the weight well. Whenever the subject of dieting comes up at work, people are surprised to learn that I'm that heavy and take a size 18. However, I'm not unhappy. In my mid-teens, I weighed just 9 and a half stones and still took a size 14, but geez, I must have looked skinny! Then, after a series of events still too painful to talk about here, I put on a considerable amount of weight - I went up to about 15 stones and was in a size 22.

Nowadays, I tend to use sizes as a guide - the shops are all different anyway and I can buy trousers that fit in a 16 or a 20 from the same shop! I know I'll never be skinny, and I wouldn't want to be now anyway. It's nice to see my weight starting with a 12..., but it's not a problem if it creeps back up slightly. The main problem is that I know I'm unfit - I just don't have time for exercise! I get quite a bit running round after the kids at work all day anyway... Hey, if it aint broke...

6 comments:

Rhi said...

Aww Kel good for you hun :D

I thought you looked really great when we met in May, not skinny or overweight, just healthy.

Maybe try a different fish shop next time though *wink*

Rhi x

Lythan said...

What a brilliant post! it is so good to hear a woman give a healthy perspective on weight as we tend to obsess about it. Sounds like you are at a comfortable weight and a comfortable place as well!

Oblibby said...

Well done Kelly - it's my ambition next year (well was this year too to drop 3 stones).

BondGirl said...

great to hear a positive body image post :D and on a side note, I would never in a million years said you were a size 18. Isnt it bizarre how the same size looks so different on different people?

big hugs and hoping you are feeling better soon, naughty fish shop!

Jo said...

Hi Kel, I wanted to post the other day but Blogger just didn't want to play... well done you :)I loved reading your post - well apart from the being poorly bit {{{hugs}}}-try a chinese next time :)

jo xx

Kathy said...

woowoo

Great to hear you sounding so happy Kel