Saturday, December 16, 2006

It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas

So why do we often feature it on our cards now? Weird... Anyway, it's Dare time again. This week we decided to challenge you to make a Christmas card using only black and white - oh, and maybe a teeny splash of another colour....

This is my one and only attempt this week - things are just so manic and I'm really missing having a day off in the week at the moment. I used a white card blank, and a piece of black card, inked around the edges in black and white and used a piece of ribbon from Paperchase to divide the two. I Xyron-d some DCWV paper to an old cereal box and cut out some good old triangle trees, then inked the edges of those. Placed them on at 'jaunty' (love that word!) angles and drew trunks with white gel pen. The greeting is - wait for it - stamped with versamark and embossed using some lovely pearlescent embossing powder, then name of which escapes me at the moment. Ta-daaaa! Now, go make some more cards - you know you need to! Or is that just me?...

7 comments:

Gillian said...

Kel I love your card, love everything about it.. The design is completely brilliant...So elegant and classic, but with a hint of fun.

Kathy said...

woowoo glad to see you getting into the ol' cereal box chipboard Kel!

This is a great card, simple, stylish and just perfect.

And yep, I think "Jaunty" is my fave word of the moment.

Lisa said...

I think this is a really classy card - love it x

Simone said...

I have stumbled acorss your blog. Just LOVE your work... Incredible creativity!! Simone xxoo

Rachel said...

love this card Kel, Ive even pinched the tree idea as I have those yummy papers xx hope you dont mind hun. Blogger isnt playing properly atm so cant post my piccies yet!

Dollydimps said...

Fab card Kel-love the jaunty angle!

Pearl said...

Love the jaunty trees !! Great cards !