Friday, December 01, 2006

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

It's my Dare this week!! Never one to shy away from a challenge, I decided it would be a good idea to dare you all to use a song title or lyrics on a card. Hmmm, not as easy as it seemed, I soon discovered. I had all sorts of ideas that were fantastic in my head, but when it came to committing them to card, looked, well, crap. So, this is my one and only effort for this week (and is for my young niece's birthday in a couple of days).

It was a lot harder to make than it looks! After much fiddling around in Greeting Card Factory Deluxe, I managed to print the first part of 'Twinkle Twinkle' around the edge of a square card blank, using Journaling Hand font. I tore some strips from a DCWV Mat Stack, stuck them onto scrap card and trimmed it to size, then inked the edges with black Stazon. The star was also cut from the Mat Stack on the Craft Robo (using a template by Cindy on UKS - thanks!!) and again the edges inked. The star was raised using 3d foam pads to give it some depth. Et, voila!

Please have a go at my little challenge this week and let us know when you've posted it somewhere we can see. We really, really love reading your comments and then trotting off to look at your blogs and websites.

Nothing much else to report really, as I've had a strangely busy week doing not a lot at all. I want to apologise to everyone for not leaving comments this week on your blogs - I am trying to read them all (there are so many since the Dares took off!!) but just haven't had the time to leave comments. I hope to go back and do it soon, but you know how it is... I did see this on Rhi's blog and thought I'd have a go:


Kel --

[noun]:

A person who enjoys the smell of rotten eggs



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com
Nice. Laters xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rotten eggs - blugh!!!!
Great card and Dare this week Kel - thanks, I had fun using my QK dies this week.x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel
This is a lovely card! I love stars etc and it seems one that could be uded for many a thing.

Kelly

BondGirl said...

I love your card, the colours of the star are lovely.

Great dare this week, really got me thinking

Anonymous said...

Oh Kel, really rotten eggs, Nice!!!
I did that dictionary thing, but when the word Flatulence is used in a sentence to discribe your name,I decided It's probably not a good idea to post it... LOL.
I just loved your dare this week, although it did take a bit of thinking. Just love your twinkle card it's so cute, and very clever.

Pearl said...

I love this card ! - love the paper stripping effect together with the star ! very happy effect !

Anonymous said...

Love this card Kel. I'm it would have still looked fab if you'd tried your own handwriting too! Great dare too, thanks!

Kathy said...

It's a great dare Kel, and really got us all thinking - HARD!

I'm beginning to think that the dares we actually set turn out to be the toughest. Surely they should be easier - you've spent time thinking up a dare so surely you've got an idea on your own card? Not the way it turns out, apparently!

Anyway, great dare and a great card

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Kel, i like the star,

Andrea