Friday, December 08, 2006

Let's Make It

Eeeeek! I've just switched over to Blogger Beta. Did anyone else get reeeeeeally scared just before they pushed the button? I was petrified I'd lose it all, but everything seems to be here...

It's Dare day!! This week was Keryn's turn to set the challenge and I was a teeny bit worried - Keryn is a stamper!! So, no surprises when she said she wanted us to stamp. However, she then made it harder by telling us we couldn't use a manufactured rubber stamp or such like... Oh no. We had to use something - anything else to stamp with. Hmmmm...... Unfortunately, my creative juices were all used up at the Cyber Crop, so I was very unimaginative and these were the results...


I made a stamp by cutting a sizzix Christmas tree from Funky Foam ( I knew there was a use for it!) and stamped the background onto a card blank. Then I tore a piece of moondust vellum and layered it over the top. I stamped another tree on to scrap card, cut it out and inked the edges, adding a little bit of Stickles glitter for interest. This was mounted on to red card and a greeting added.


My second card was again made using funky foam stamps cut with a sizzlit flower die. They were cut out and layered on top of some torn and inked Basic Grey Gypsy paper which was placed on a pink Bazzill card. A rub-on greeting finished it off.

The other girls have had some great ideas - they're all so flippin' clever, I'm getting a bit embarrassed at my lack of imagination now. Check out the blog and have a look, but promise me you'll have a go - if I can do it, so can you!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I like them both - and I sort of nicked your idea really when I made my stamped vellum - so I'll just say a grovelling "Thank you" for that now....(insert blushing grovelling smilie here)

Gillian said...

Hi Kel,
super cute funky cards.. love them.. love the Christmas tree and how you used the vellum.. very clever...

Pearl said...

love the shapes of those dies that were used ! gerat cards !

ttfn, Pearl

Paula said...

ooo I've been meaning to make a stamp out of sizzix and funky foam, but have been convinced it would fail. But your's looks cool, I might try it.

P.S. I just pressed the beta button too - phew!

Paula J Atkinson said...

I took the plunge last night & pushed taht button of no return & boy, I was petrified!!