Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Problem Child

Argh! I'm having trouble with me furries this week. I've got two days off work, as I have leave to use before the end of the year and no other likely time to take it, so I thought I would use it wisely and get some cards done, layouts scrapped - you know the drill. Housework - what's that?! Anyway, I got loads of little jobs done at the weekend so I could leave Monday and today free to lock myself away in my craft room. But no. My wonderful, gorgeous fluffy babies decided they needed some extra attention and thought a couple of vet trips were in order.

First up was Pickle. You remember her? Well, one of her front teeth had overgrown and I hadn't notice (I'm a terrible mother!), and this meant that her other teeth weren't wearing down properly and I'm not even sure she was eating very well. Off we trot to the vets - how embarrassing is it when they call you in by your pet's name?! *Note to self - think of more normal names for any future pets*. Offending teeth were soon clipped down and she behaved like an angel - didn't try to savage the vet or the nurse. Why does she find my fingers so tasty?

So, I get home and notice that Beany is sitting with her eyes closed - quite unusual for her, even when sleeping. After tea she was still like it, so I picked her up and eeeeuw!! Her eye is all gunged up! Ick! My poor little baby. My poor meagre bank account! Yet another trip to the vet, but considerably more money than Pickle's 'trim'. Gah! Bang goes my shopping trip for an outfit for Christmas parties.... How on earth they think I'm going to squeeze cream into her eye twice a day I have no idea. Actually, what is really sweet is that Radar obviously knows that something is wrong, as he's hardly left her side and keeps licking her eye (it's not just the taste of the cream - he was doing it before!) Not actually helping much though mate....

So, I've actually done diddly squat in crafting terms and now my mojo's gone walkies. Thank goodness I've managed a couple of cards for the Dare this week - to be announced on Friday at 10 am. Keep your eye on the blog though, as I think Kathy B has another 'Little Extra' up her sleeve...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you for coming by to see my blog. I was just checkin' out yours. I must say you have some cute babies!! I really like all of your creations. I will be stopping by on a regular basis for sure!
TFS

Anonymous said...

Love the new Look Kel - well I am assuming the glasses are new - they look great

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel, great new photo of you..
hope your 'furbabies' are feeling much better now.
I still think Pickle is a cute name... even if a tad embarrassing at the vets... LOL.

Kelly K said...

Thanks Rachel, yes they are new, so I thought an updated photie was in order! Gillian, Beany's eye is looking better already, although I don't think Pickle has got used to her teeth yet! Tracy, thanks for popping in!

Jo said...

Hi Kel, glad that Beany is on the mend. New photo looks fab btw :

Jo xx

Bex said...

Aw Kel you are looking mighty fine!!
Hope bunnies are OK xx
Think Maisie is about to cost me as has vile breath yet again so no doubt something wrong somewhere ........ Gut or teeth and no doubt £100 to work it out.
They are worth it though eh?

Love and hugs
Bex

Oblibby said...

Hope the babies are back to 100% soon, Kel.

Love your new look.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Aww hope the babies are both fighting fit soon. Love the new glasses Kel they look ace