Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Where Were You When The Storm Broke?

... In our new tent-and-tunnel combo Mom!! Bought it from good old Sainso's for half the original price and I think it's a hit. Obviously, it's meant for children, but the buns are my kids, n'est ce pas? What is it with those pop-up tents though? Once they're out of the cover there's no way on earth they're going back in again! The instructions state, "The tent should twist easily into a circle". Please note the use of the word 'should'...

I'm having a 'fat' day today. Now, I'm not usually hung up about my weight; I'm a chuffer and I know it. I eat a lot of the wrong foods and I know the only way I can help myself is to eat healthy and exercise. Problem is I don't like healthy and I don't have time for exercise... Today, however, I met up with my very lean friend K to hand over some wedding invites I've made for her and we went to Starbucks for a drink. I defy anyone to resist their blueberry (or was it blackberry?) whirl cheesecake! I consider myself quite the cheesecake connoisseur and this one is to die for. So, I then felt really guilty for eating it, especially as I'd spent an hour walking around town and my poor thighs were starting to chafe as I was wearing a skirt - god, how embarrassing to admit that! Still, I guess the hour's walking meant that the cheesecake calories didn't count, right?

I've been thinking about Kathy's song challenge and not coming up with too much. I know there are loads of songs that make me go 'aaah!', so I think I'll just have to add them to posts as and when I think of them. For starters, I'll have to have:

Bon Jovi - Thank You For Loving Me (of course!) and also 'I'll Be There For You'
Bryan Adams - 'Heaven' and 'I'll Always Be Right There' (MTV Unplugged versions)
Extreme - 'More Than Words'
Randy Crawford - Almaz
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

More to follow - can't think at the moment as D has Scuzz music channel on and I can't concentrate over the row!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

hehehe For Christmas Hubby asked for a little tent to take to archery events - apparently they all have them to sit in between rounds (don't ask me, I really don't know....). Anyway, I bought him the one he was after and it spent a good part of the Christmas period standing in the conservatory because he couldn't put it back in the little bag. It became a bit of an on-going puzzle - everyone who came to the house had a go, but few secceeded. Much standing, staring, stroking of chins, gazing at the sheet of "instructions" etc

Jane said...

Lol! yes, they do eventually go back into a circle- but in my experience it takes at least 2 adults and a huge amount of time ! lol!