Monday, July 10, 2006

The Flame

Ooooh, heaven!! I spent today at a fire fighter training centre!! How jealous are you? ;-p I was nominated to go on a fire warden course for work and was dreading it. I have done a couple of this sort of course in my previous guise as a Virgin bird, and they can be really boring, but this one was actually rather interesting and informative. Of course, it helped that the trainer was quite cute and that there were quite a few fit young trainee fire fighters decoratively adorning the place.... What is it about women and firemen? It's not as if the uniform is even nice any more, but if a bunch of them drive past in their big red truck, us girls almost pass out! Mind you, I quite like other 'uniformed' jobs, especially the police in those all-black get-ups they wear when they want to look really hard - mmmmmm!

Oh yeah, I got to put out three fires and everything! Check me....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh :-o
Reminds me of when we got the firemen (and their lovely big red shiny engine) to come to the nursery I taught at. Still not sure who was the most excited and wide-eyed; the kids, or us Growed-Ups ;-)

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Sounds fun Kel. My Dad was a Fireman - he used to work at Kentish Town fire station and I worked in Camden Town when I was 18 - so if his shift finished near the end of my working day I'd hop on the train to Kentish Town and walk to the fire station to get a lift home back to Enfield from Dad. What a lovely end to my day :-)