Saturday, August 12, 2006

I Know There's Something Going On

Meet Ozzy. Ozzy is staying with us for the next two weeks while my brother and his family are on holiday. Something tells me Ozzy has decided he's not to sure about this! I mean, I know Cavalier King Charles spaniels have those sad-looking eyes anyway, but he reeeeeally doesn't look too chuffed, does he? I actually feel quite honoured that they trust us enough to look after him. The first time they went abroad after they had him, they left him at home, with a friend to house/dog sit. Upon their return, they discovered that this so-called friend had spent just two out of 14 nights at the house - goodness knows what the poor puppy was feeling. He was absolutely terrified when they got home and had regressed back to proper untrained-puppy behaviour. They haven't been abroad since.... Until now. We've all got some adjusting to do; the poor rabbits were startled when I took him through the kitchen to get to the back garden, so I've had to fence them into their area and try to block him from their view, but they are very jumpy whenever I go into the room. Ozzy is going to be 'based' in the living room, so this means the buns won't be able to use it until they get used to him - if at all. We've also got their hamster, JefforDennis (they argue over the name - there were two but one died recently and they never really decided which was which!). So, in total , that makes 2 hamsters, 2 rabbits and a dog.... Think I might start charging the local kids to come to my 'petting zoo'.



In other news.... I am feeling loads better than I was. A couple of days off work and a good talk to the people that matter have sorted me out and I can feel the dark cloud clearing again. Thank you for your good wishes. As a treat to cheer myself up, I went to a local craft shop yesterday and bought some scrummy double-sided cardstock. It's hugely expensive for what it is, but I've been admiring it for ages as I love the colours, so I thought, 'what the heck!'. If you can't treat yourself when you're down, when can you?

8 comments:

Lythan said...

That dog picture cracks me up!
Glad you are feeling better - it's no fun is it?
And you can't just print picrtures of awesome paper without saying what it is. Spill!

Kelly K said...

I knew you'd ask that! They're from the 'Flip-flops' range from The Paper Loft. There were too many I wanted, but I had to limit myself - this time!

Jane said...

ooooh what a cute picture. such a little darling pup ! He's gorgeous. I think he looks pretty 'happy' for a king Charles LOL !

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...

awww that little dog is just so cute - but no wonder he's sad if he had such a rotten time last time his "people" went away. Bet he'll feel much happier with you.

The paper is gorgeous and if you need ideas on what to do with it, the best one is to send it down here to me!

Enjoy

Bex said...

Aw Kel
That pup is too cute ......... Maisie would totally fancy him!!

Hope the new baby settles in for his holiday

Love Bex

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Aah he is so cute Kel :-) Hope he has settled in OK now

Paula said...

Oh look at those eyes!